An effective treatment for fibromyalgia?

An effective treatment for fibromyalgia?

Dr. R. Paul St. Amand is the Assistant Clinical Professor Medicine, Endocrinology Department at UCLA, USA and he is continuing his treatment for fibromyalgia called the Guaifenesin Protocol.

He says Fibromyalgia, or "Fibrositis" as it was then called, was first described in 1843 as a type of rheumatism "with painful hard places."
I have never heard this description of the "painful hard places" before but definitely have them in my neck, shoulders and right thigh.

So what is this treatment and what is guaifenesin?
It is a uricosuric, which means it increases the excretion of uric acid from the blood serum into the urine. It is believed to cure fibromyalgia by removing excess phosphate from the body.

an effective treatment for fibromyalgia?

The Guaifenesin Protocol
"We begin patients with 300 milligrams of long acting guaifenesin twice a day for one week. Feeling distinctly worse suggests adequate dosage and patients remain on that amount. This suffices for only 20 percent of patients; if symptoms do not worsen, we increase to 600 mg. twice daily. Reversal begins for 80 percent of patients at one of these two levels leaving 20 percent who will need more. "

This is from Dr Amand's website - it sounds a bit complex to, so if I am going to try it I will need a doctor who knows about this treatment and also to be really believing that is going to work.

Our treatment is not for those lacking courage. It calls for patient skills and, hopefully, physician assistance. Remember, reversal of the disease reproduces past symptoms and may cause new or long-forgotten ones to re-surface. The intensity of these early cycles often causes concern during the initial weeks of treatment. Such symptoms are not guaifenesin side effects.

Book to read: What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia: The Revolutionary Treatment That Can Reverse the Disease by R. Paul St. Amand, M.D. and Claudia Craig Marek, published by Warner Books.

Below is a Body Map with a Symptom Checklist which you can download...

Get this Printable Body Map with Symptom Checklist from Dr Amand's site.

I am not recommending this or any other treatment or product - I am writing about it to inform you of a possible treatment to check out. I am an Amazon affiliate not an affiliate of Dr Amand. As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you and thank you. 


  1. It has been a month since I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. It was quite tough for me to handle myself and also my family. But the most amazing part is that my family has been there for always. So its a blessing for me. I am also trying to get fibromyalgia treatmentsince it is really effective.

    1. Hi Jacqulin, great to hear from you but sorry about your Fibromyalgia diagnosis. It's good to hear your family are supportive and you are being proactive in your treatment.


Thanks for your input