Other things that are anti inflammatory are:
- All fruits and vegetables except the nightshade family - egg plant, peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, - which should be avoided in all inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
- A low fat diet, reducing saturated fat by eating less butter, cream, high-fat cheese and fatty meats,
- A high protein diet
- Reducing Wheat and other grains especially refined carbohydrates such as white flour and white pasta. Many people are gluten sensitive and should not eat wheat, barley, rye or oats.
- Reducing or eliminating sugar
- Reducing refined and processed foods such as chips
Fruit and vegetables (except nightshades)
Fish especially sardines, salmon
Nuts especially almonds, cashews and walnuts
Flaxseeds and other seeds like pepitas and sunflower seeds
Extra-virgin olive oil
Whole grains such as brown rice
All beans and legumes such as lentils and split peas
Soy foods such as tofu, tempeh and soy milk
PHOTO: Appetizer: salmon, yoghurt dip on wholegrain crispbread.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
So what reduces inflammation?
Eat foods that aid the immune system
The oldest diet around
IF YOU LIKE THIS POST why not subscribe to get updates and giveaways and other free info relating to fibromyalgia? Just add your email here: