Have you heard of the eight dimensions of wellness? Here you can find a summary of what they are...
Wellness, or our sense of well - being, is all about how we feel about life and how we function.
It is not just about our health or lack of it.
Wellness involves many dimensions that make up the whole person.
There are eight areas that influence our ability to function at a healthy level:
1. Physical Wellness — a lack of illness and/or disability and the role you take in maintaining your body for strength, vitality and energy.
2. Emotional Wellness — an ability to cope and manage stress and being at peace with who you are.
3. Intellectual Wellness — the ability to think, reason and remember and staying open to new ideas.
4. Social Wellness — the ability to connect with a support system of family and friends or the wider community.
5. Occupational Wellness — the ability to contribute, use your own skills and abilities.
6. Spiritual Wellness — understanding of your place and purpose, having a sense of purpose and meaning beyond self.
7. Environmental Wellness — feeling safe at home and around your area and the impact you have on the planet and the planet has on you.
8. Financial Wellness — having sufficient money to meet your basic needs.
So I am off to think about each of these eight areas, to see if I have a balance in the aspects of wellness? To decide where are things going well and where they need improvement?
Besides physical wellness, which is a given area anyone with fibromyalgia would like to improve, where else would you like to see change?
|The 8 petalled paris japonica|
FURTHER READING: Why Do We Get Sick? Why Do We Get Better? A Wellness Detective Manual
This post is linked up at Fibro Friday week 9 where you can check out great fibro bloggers.