This is a round-up of all the research into fibromyalgia, that I can find, from 2016. It is very pleasing to see so much research being done on fibro and chronic pain around the world.
It may take me some time to find and add all the studies so please call back if you are interested. Also if you know of any studies into Fibromyalgia not included in this list, I would love you to let me know. Thank you.
- published in the journal indings are consistent with the hypothesis that fibromyalgia is related to a general dysregulation of the central nervous system.
- Researchers discover brain signature that may help identify fibromyalgia patients
- University of Colorado Boulder researchers have discovered a brain signature that identifies fibromyalgia sufferers with 93 percent accuracy, a potential breakthrough for future clinical diagnosis and treatment of the highly prevalent condition.
- Are Epigenetic Factors Implicated in Chronic Widespread Pain? Link found between DNA and Chronic Widespread Joint Pain, a Fibromyalgia Symptom.
- Progression of fibromyalgia: results from a 2-year observational fibromyalgia and chronic pain study in the US results suggest that some patients experience fluctuation in symptoms over time, which may reflect the waxing and waning nature of FM and affect diagnosis and treatment.
- Innovative Med Concepts Announces Receipt of FDA Fast Track Designation for IMC-1, a Novel Treatment for Fibromyalgia
- Acupuncture treatment may help with fibromyalgia pain Dr. Jorge Vas said, “Individualized acupuncture is a safe and good therapeutic option for the treatment of patients with fibromyalgia.”
- New CBD Patches Combat Nerve Pain and Fibromyalgia
- Low-to-Moderate Alcohol Consumption is Associated With Hippocampal Volume in Fibromyalgia and Insomnia
- The Maintaining Musculoskeletal Health (MAmMOTH) Study: Protocol for a randomised trial of cognitive behavioural therapy versus usual care for the prevention of chronic widespread pain
- Fibromyalgia Is Correlated with Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Thinning
- To walk or not to walk: insights from a qualitative description study with women suffering from fibromyalgia. Walking improves health outcomes in fibromyalgia; however, there is low adherence to this practice.
- Combination of pregabalin with duloxetine for fibromyalgia, a randomized controlled trial: results of a trial suggest that combining pregabalin (Lyrica), an anti-seizure drug, with duloxetine (Cymbalta), an antidepressant, can safely improve outcomes in fibromyalgia.
- The Relationship Between Health Management and Information Behavior Over Time: A Study of the Illness Journeys of People Living With Fibromyalgia.
- EULAR revised recommendations for themanagement of fibromyalgia
- Starting where I am: a grounded theory exploration of mindfulness as a facilitator of transition in living with a long-term condition
- Functional Connectivity with the Default Mode Network Is Altered in Fibromyalgia Patients
- Lengthened Cutaneous Silent Period in Fibromyalgia Suggesting Central Sensitization as a Pathogenesis