Where can you find reliable information about fibromyalgia?
This is a question I asked in my facebook group because there is a lot of weird and unreliable info about fibro out there... you know like fibro is an autoimmune condition or if you take this remedy or diet you will cure it.
So I thought it would be good if people knew where they could find information they could trust...
- American College of Rheumatology This is a site for rheumatology professionals so it should have good information but also it is in ordinary, understandable language not doctor speak.
- National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain Association. Most of the articles on this US site are written by doctors including Geneva Lipton who has fibro. The font on their site is small though so be prepared to enlarge it on your device.
- Versus Arthritis is a UK site that has a large section on fibromyalgia.
- Arthritis Foundation is a US site that has a small section on fibromyalgia.
- The American Fibromyalgia Syndrome Association, Inc. (AFSA) is focused on research into fibromyalgia and also has information about what Fibro is.
- National Institutes of Health, (NIH) a US Dept. of Health & Human Services site has a section on Fibromyalgia.
- University of Michigan Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center (CPFRC) has the FibroGuide a symptom management program and other information.
- The National Fibromyalgia Partnership, Inc (NFP) is a US site with lots of helpful info but small fonts.
- Fibromyalgia Network is no longer updated but has good basic info on fibro. Don't bother looking at their blog though as it is now totally irrelevant to fibromyalgia.
- National ME/FM Action Network is a Canadian charitable organisation with info on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and fibromyalgia.
- Fibromyalgia. This site contains reliable information from National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) and true stories from people with fibromyalgia.
These sites are useful for getting basic information about fibromyalgia but I recommend finding out about it from people who live with it every day of their lives. The best place to find these people is at Fibro Blogger Directory (FBD). This is where you will find fantastic bloggers and weekly updates on what it is like to live with fibro.
Do you have any other sites about fibromyalgia that you go to find reliable information? Please let me know in comments.